10+ years of experience successfully leading and executing mobile, web/interactive, video and print programs. Specific areas of expertise include: user experience and user interface design, creative leadership, motion graphics design, video production, media campaigns, large vinyl display installation and branding. I have had the honor of working in both small tech start-ups and large corporations, where I had the ability to build products from the ground up, develop award-winning teams while wearing multiple hats.
SENIOR USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
j2 GLOBAL (JANUARY 2016 - PRESENT)
- Responsible for quality control over design concepts and projects
- Lead UX and UI design for mobile applications eFax, eVoice, SugarSync and more
- Established best practices while introducing newest design trends
- Delivered wireframes, user flows and high quality UI mockups to product leaders
- Guided concepts through all stages of design, prototyping and development
- Exported “cut up” UI assets for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac applications
- Won multiple design awards in conjuction to a 500% growth in mobile signups
Colony logic (April 2013 - DECEMBER 2015)
I was charged with determining the best ways to visually represent the company’s identity online. I was also the lead designer for the mobile and desktop platform for both visual and UX design. It's very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for design and product development projects. I was responsible for creating a "complete creative vision” for our brand across our website, platform, video production, sales materials, etc. I was required to develop visual designs, and at other times, responsible for recruiting and managing third party designers & internal design resources.
- Worked closely with executive, product/ux and development team members on our product pipeline which lead to a successful rollout of multiple products in a product family
- Developed the CLX product branding and UI guidelines
- Delivered wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity compositions for the CLX product
- Lead UX/UI exploration, collaborative discussions and presentations
- Directed the production of the company's first explainer video utilizing outside resources
- Established the Colony Logic brand after a successful rebrand from Talus Labs
- Built a design and marketing plan from FY15
senior UX & VISUAL designer
gumiyo MOBILE (october 2010 - april 2013)
Gumiyo mobile was absorbed in April of 2013 by COLONY LOGIC, where I continued to act as a visual experience design lead. Prior to the acquisition, I provided creative direction for website and mobile application design. Other duties included actual HTML/CSS build outs of websites optimized for desktop, tablet and mobile phones. I also assisted on integration of social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
I reported directly to CEO and COO to develop industry leading products utilizing responsive and parallax design for all devices, all platforms. As the Senior Creative, I managed Gumiyo's budding creative team, handling work delegation and creative/ux/ui direction.
Launched these really cool projects:
- Toyota Owner's iOS Application
- REMAX / LATIMES Lender Portal Sites
- New York Daily News Auto sites/portal
- ALM / New York Law Journal responsive website and application design
- Shell / Excentus mobile website and application design
- 28 mobile properties for the Tribune Company [m.latimes.com, m.chicagotribune.com, ktla, etc.]
- LA Times & Chicago Tribune iPad applications
- All BuzzMedia mobile properties [m.celebuzz.com, etc]
- Celebuzz Mobile App
- Kim Kardashian iPad application concept design
- Redesign of LikeMyInventory.com, a Facebook automotive product
- Design/UX/UI direction for MySiteAnywhere.com, a website builder for anyone- anywhere
- Design/UX/UI for Microsoft Real Estate Windows 8 Application for tablets and desktop
PRODUCTION & DESIGN
ONE EIGHTEEN ADVERTISING (Freelance)
While transitioning from a Orange County/San Diego to Los Angeles move, I worked for an ad agency based in Santa Monica California performing the duties of a graphic designer, which included but were not limited to: design support for art director, logo creation, website UX design, HTML and CSS coding, storyboard and planning for TV spot/Radio advertising
PRODUCTION & DESIGN
IKEA WEST, USA (JANUARY 2009 - JUNE 2010)
Oversaw product communication in-store and online which resulted in increased sales. My design responsibilities covered: digital signage, IKEA website, billboard advertisement, direct marketing brochures, large scale vinyl wall signage and photography art direction. Lead design direction for regional promotions.
PRODUCTION & DESIGN
IDEA HALL (JUNE 2007 - OCTOBER 2008)
Learned the basics of art direction and design in an agency environment. Developed as a web developer through hands-on HTML and CSS development. Demonstrated successful print design through creation of print and large scale design under budget and on schedule.
- Winner of a 2008 PROTOS AWARD for the Chapman University Green Both Ways Interactive DVD and Brochure campaigns.
- Winner of a 2007 PROTOS AWARD for the CASA brochure campaign.
- Winner of a Platinum and Gold HERMES DESIGN AWARD for the Chapman University Interactive DVD.
- Winner of a MARCOM AWARD for the Chapman University Interactive DVD.
Design internship - young & rubicam group, irvine, CA
PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP - WUNDERMAN BRANDS, IRVINE, CA
DESIGN & PR INTERNSHIP - RAK'N'ROLL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, AGORA HILLS, CA
CHAPMAN UNIVERSITY - BFA
Film Production, Cinematography & Graphic Design
ORANGE COUNTY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS - DIPLOMA
FILM & GRAPHIC DESIGN CONSERVATORY
References and recommendations available upon request.
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Final Cut Pro X
- HTML, CSS Handcoding
- Invision Prototyping
- Axure Prototyping
- JustInMind Prototyping
- Vinyl Production
- Microsoft Office
- Apple iLife
- UX Week SF 2016
- UX Week SF 2015
- Adobe MAX 2015
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Apple Certified Pro X
- Adaptive Path UX Strategy
- Creative Leadership
- UX User Experience Design
- UI Visual Experience Design
- User Flows & Personas
- User Journey & Stories
- Rapid Wireframing
- Rapid Composition
- Rapid Prototyping
- Mechanical Production
- HTML5 Handcoding
- CSS3 Handcoding
- Working Knowledge of JS
- Responsive Design
- Knowledge of Jquery
- Branding & Logo Design
- Marketing Collateral
- Product Design
- Package Design
- Motion Graphics
- Video Production
- Video Post Production
- Agile Work Environment
- Self Motivator
- Resource Management